St. Mary’s, Buriton Church ServicesOn February 18, 2021 by Jerry Adams
We are here to worship God, welcome all, and grow together in faith and love.
Lent & Easter services
- Sunday 25 March Palm Sunday
- 10am Sung Eucharist – we begin the service outside the church for the procession of palms
- 6pm Service with music from Taize
- 29 March Maundy Thursday
- 7.30pm Sung Eucharist with the washing of feet
- Followed by vigil
- 30 March Good Friday
- Good Friday walk begins at Buriton Pond at 10am * see earlier for approximate timings
- 2pm -3pm service of meditation for Good Friday
- Sunday 1 April Ester Sunday
- 6.00am The Easter Liturgy and first Eucharist of Easter followed by breakfast
- 10am Easter Family Eucharist: remember to bring small bells for the Alleluias
Taizé services will be held on the following dates (6pm):
29 October; 26 November; 7 January; 4 February; 4 March; 25 March
Morning and Evening Prayer
Morning Prayer (8.15am) and Evening Prayer (5.30pm) are normally said in church on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. All are welcome.
The lectionary gives the readings and collects for each Sunday, Principal Feasts and Holy Days, and Festivals. It takes a bit of effort to navigate around it but everything is in there!